Saturday, July 7, 2012

Howdy... and some ramblings

No, I'm not American. Howdy is a normal part of our family's vocabulary. It is not unusual for one of my brothers to say 'Howdy' with a perfectly serious look on his face, speaking to someone outside of our family. People may give them an odd look, but they see nothing strange about using the word. :)

The last time I posted was January 30. Since then I have: taken part in a play, started working as a cook/waitress in a small town restaurant, finished grade 12, graduated, participated in my last trip with our homeschool group :(, gone camping, and perhaps most importantly, confessed my faith before the church.

I am excited to be done school. I am hoping to be able to work full time for a while, and after that I plan to attend New Life Midwifery School. (I'm not sure if their website is working right now as I can't seem to get on to it, but hopefully it will be soon?) This school is in the Philippines! It is run by a mission centre. The funds to run the clinic come from the students' tuition. All the information is on the website. I just found the blog of a woman who went to school there and now works in Sudan, and another blog of a woman who just moved to the Philippines to attend this school. The exciting thing about the second blog is that the woman who writes it will likely be there when I start!! Now I must clarify that these plans are what I believe the Lord is leading me to right now. They may change. Having this goal has given me peace and motivation. It sure helps on a day when I don't want to go work in a busy, hot, steamy kitchen to know that it has a purpose: saving for school. However, I know God has a plan for how I can best serve Him. I hope it includes going to this school, but His will be done.

Now for a picture. Two very good things late at night: The Lord of the Rings trilogy and chocolate. ♥

No comments: